About us

We are a small group of guitarists who happen to also be electrical engineers, an amp technician and programmer located in the Midlands UK, dedicated to quality workmanship and take huge pride in our work and customer service - currently we operate not for huge profit, but to establish our name and reputation.

Hopefully our prices reflect this, they only just cover our materials, import costs, equipment, chemicals & fuel to the post office. Every single surplus penny earned gets ploughed into the purchase of equipment and test pedals/pickups/leads for us to develop new mods on. However our customers are quick to point out that the quality of our work is second to none! Many mods are fine tuned with the help of professional musicians to meet their needs, and ensure they sound great at stage performance volumes.

Why?
Because we want the Holy Grail of tone also!

News

Our research and development guys have been busy beavering away in one dark corner of our workshop for the past couple of months developing a true bypass system that can be dropped into most Ibanez/Dunlop and some Boss pedals (others manufacturers & models still to be determined). Finally the fumes have cleared and the end result is a small circuit approx 35mm x 25mm, that requires very little power to operate, that will actuate true bypass and LED indicator via a miniature relay.

Sent: 01 October 2010 21:07

Subject: RE: Boss CS-3 mod>

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the efficient service, I received my pedal on Friday 24th September, a day or two earlier than I was expecting.  Appreciate the upgrade to the quieter VCA chip.

I've now had the opportunity  to try it out for a few days and I'm pleased with the results. First impressions, it's noticeably quieter than before. Noise doesn't begin to become apparent until you turn up the level or sustain substantially (well past 12 o'clock).

In sound terms, there's an increased clarity both for single notes and chords - there's just an extra "sparkle" or presence that's not there with the stock pedal. I've mostly been playing clean but similar comments apply when switching to the lead channel and turning up the gain. It's just a more involving and musical sound and makes you want to keep playing. There's also more sustain available - on the stock pedal, it can sometimes be difficult to detect much of an effect when you turn up the sustain knob.

I'm using this pedal in my effects loop - MXR 10 band EQ - Boss CS3 - Boss BD2 (Keeley mod) - Arion SCH-1 Chorus - Digitech Timebender Delay.   Guitar is Fender Tele Thinline ('72 version) and Peavey ValveKing 112 combo amp.

Don't know how this pedal now compares versus boutique stuff e.g. Keeley etc but I would welcome the chance to audition and do a proper A/B comparison - maybe some day!

The new lower noise level of this pedal now highlights some noise issues (not major ones) with other pedals I have.

I think it's definitely been a worthwhile mod and I would certainly consider sending you any other pedals (if I had any others for which you offer a suitable mod).

Thanks again,

John>

Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2010 11:08 AM

Subject: RE: Boss CS-3

I have now received the pedal. Thanks – it does sound a lot better, will actually start to use it now rather than it gathering dust.

Cheers!

Richard

Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2010 3:10 AM

To: pedal mods

Subject: RE: DS-1 mod

Hello Chris,

I got the pedal back today (well, yesterday as its now sunday) and just wanted to say a massive thankyou! The pedal is absolutely brutal!

I've got quite a busy week but should definitely have the audio clips of the comparison between the standard and modded DS-1 to you by friday.

Once again you've done a first rate job, I can't wait to use this live (having just blown a hole in the side of my house I fear I shouldn't turn it up any more whilst practicing).

Have a great week, will be in touch soon with the clips.

Many, many thanks,

Albert

Sent: 23 July 2010 13:03

Subject: Re: DS-1 to Finland>

I got the pedal and I'm really loving it! It's completely transformed and will see me through many excellent gigs! Many people should take your example how to handle a business. I really appreciate your flexibility and professionalism.

I hope you have an excellent weekend, I have complimented your service to many of my friends so don't be surprised if you get more orders from Finland :)

- Ville

Sent: 20th July 2010 10:54

Subject: RE:CS3 repair and mod

Hi, Arrived on Saturday as you said, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on the ridiculously fast repair time and secondly on the mod itself. The volume level doesn't fade in or out anymore no matter how long the pedal has been on for, but what an improvement, its organic, transparent, brilliant - and works!!! Cheers. I also have a faulty Wah that you might want to take a look at? (no wah effect when on, just a 'pop'). Neil H.

Sent: 09 July 2010 13:19

Subject: RE: ts9 mod>

Hi Chris  thanks for doing the pedal mod to my ts9, I've been in Mexico for the last 2 weeks and the delivery address i gave was my mums, well i collected it today and I've just plugged it in and what a difference it sounds much warmer and more SRV than before.. thanks again and I'll recommend you to my guitar mates Gary

Sent: 14 June 2010 19:41

Subject: RE: CS-3 for mod>

Hi, CS-3 arrived yesterday and has exceeded my expectations! Now sounds like a piece of pro kit, I can use this as a limiter which wont taint my tone, just control my levels, certainly helps me sound more controlled now!>

Many thanks, will send SD-1 next if you have time?>

Pete L>

Sent: 12th June 2010 01:16>

Subject: RE: GE7 Equalizer>

Finally got round to using the GE7, been playing for the last 6 hours and am loving the 'new' pedal, I cant switch it off!!! Its quieter but more surprisingly it sounds slightly warmer, not as 'synthetic' if you know what I mean? Keep up the good work. Sean.>

Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:50 PM

Subject: RE: mod my GE 7

Hi Chris, My GE-7 is now silent, I don’t know what I expected to tell the truth, but silent is amazing. I feel I have to put the word out for you as much as I can, you say a re-working of the pedal but if I want to be more specific about what you have done to the GE-7 can you tell me just a little bit more about what you done to it. I think I paid double for my Keeley DS-1 than I should of if I had got you to mod one for me, but I didn’t know of you then. BIG BIG thanks, I’ll add a review to Harmony Central for you. Big Thanks. JC Jackson.>

Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:26 PM

Subject: Re: Boss CS-3 and GE-7 mods

Pedals arrived safely today.

The CS-3 is totally transformed,...at last that 'attack' knob is doing what is supposed to do :) and is indeed less noisy and more transparent....stellar work

Thanks again for everything and I will be contacting you soon because a friend of mine (in Greece) wants a modded ds-1 so I will be sending one soon..

Andreas>

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 11:55 PM

Subject: Re: Rat Pedal

Hi Chris, got it on Saturday and have been playing around with it. I

like what you have done and will post you a review for your website

in a day or so. Also wondering how you're fixed to do a wah-wah in

the not too distant future?>

Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:26 PM

Subject: Re: My CS-3 Needs sorting out...

Got it safely this morning and have spent most of the day playing with it. Sounds gorgeous. And you have managed to retain that unique CS3 characteristic where, with the right settings, it kind of ducks the notes down and slowly opens them out. I love that effect. Its really clean now. To make some noise I had to put my metal distortion pedal between the guitar and the amp and really let the notes hang on for ages. When I have some time I will make you a demo video to put on youtube or your site if you like.

Thanks for this. I am really pleased. Better than binning it hey?

Next I think I will send you my Satchurator that refuses to sound like Satch...hmmm...you know exactly what I mean...

Cheers - gotta go and teach,

Graeme.>

Sent:08 March 2010 12:27

Subject: Re: GCB95 - 535Q mod update

Hi Chris,

Yeah I got the pedal back on Friday just like you said – thanks for that.

II’m still waiting for the recordings of the session to come through but the early signs are that the mod’s an amazing success – I just want to hear those recordings just to make sure that I didn’t imagine those tones. Even my guitar tech asked what was going on. The boost / cut is incredible (in fact I removed my EQ from the line up thanks to that)

When I get some time I’ll do you a proper testimonial for your site if you like? And a Harmony Central update too I guess.

Cheers,

Warren>

Sent: 04 March 2010 13:22

Subject: Terry CS-3>

Hi Chris

Just to let you know pedal arrived safe and sound this morning,

I've put it back in my pedalboard, it's been that long since I used it, I forgot how good it sounds.

Thanks again

Terry>

[Admin note: This pedal was previously modded then sent in for repair under warranty (faulty volume pot)]>

Sent:04 March 2010 09:40

To:Chris (Sales)

Subject:RE: Boss GE-7 mod>

Received my pedal back yesterday. It arrived safe and sound and so well packaged that I’m sure it could have survived WW3. Opened the box to find my old pedal looking just as it always did. The GE-7 isn’t the prettiest pedal on my pedal board, such a boring colour. It had sounded so bad recently that I had actually considered binning it a couple of weeks ago. >

I was keen to try it out but wasn’t really expecting what happened next. >

After plugging everything in, I sat and waited for the amp to warm up. As I gazed at the cool blue light my ugly duckling pedal was now already making me smile. The lads are just going to love that! >

The amp was ready to go now and so was I. The suspense was killing me.  >

Wow! It was soon apparent that I had a whole new baby here. It’s never sounded as good, even when it was new. It actually sounds like a more expensive piece of kit now.>

A massive transformation and the nasty hissing as gone! >

Thank you to you and your team…Great service, the best…>

Regards>

Andy>

PS>

I have a couple more pedals for you to sort for me and will be in touch very soon. >

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:01 PM

Subject: Re: GE7 Mod

Pedal arrived today, you obviously got to the Post Office in time!

Thanks for the quick turn around, extra attention to detail - and a

massive improvement in the GE7! Did a quick test this afternoon and

couldn't believe the difference - love the blue LED too...

I'm delighted to have found a service like yours and I'm already

wondering what to have modded next!

Thanks again,

Rich.

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:05 PM

Subject: RE: BOSS SD1 Mod

Picked up my pedal from PO today. I managed to give it a try this evening and it sounds very diff from previous original stock. One big change is the reduced noise. I am quite surprised with that. I like the up position on toggle switch to thicken up the sound. I will try out more on weekend, obviously with volume cranked up. It seems to blend well with my tube overdrive.

Thanks for modding my pedal. I will be sending my cry baby when I have enough money.

Sam

Sent:28 September 2009 12:24

Subject: RE: DS-1 or MT-2>

Pedal arrived just before the weekend there and I have to say it’s like a completely new pedal!  I can now get every sound I’ve wanted from a number of pedals all compressed into my wee old DS-1!  My favourite setting is the boost setting (middle toggle setting) as it goes from milky warm overdrive to balls to the wall distortion, but the Ultraeye mode is blistering!  I love the fact that the distortion really hots up between the 9 and 10 settings where 10 is the knob fully turned to the right.  The tone now works as well, and has plenty of scope so I can be quite precise with what I’m doing with it rather than having all treble or all bass!  I’m tempted to get another one in the future so I can have two totally different settings right at my feet!  >

I got the extra chips as well and when I get the tube amp set up I want to explore what they do.  Is it just a matter of taking out the circuit board or am I likely to bust any wires?>

Cheers for speedy emails and secure delivery Chris, very much appreciated!>

Regards>

Mark    >

Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:23 PM

Subject: Re: GE-7

Hey buddy,

GE-7 came back yesterday and sounds fab - thanks for the mod and for the quick turnaround!

Take care,

Sukh

Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 11:50 PM

Subject: Re: DS-1 ready

The DS1 beat the strike and arrived today. Excellent packaging and the pedal sounds fantastic, especially with the switch in the down position. Very chunky. Many thanks.

Jonathan

Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:35 AM

Subject: pedals

Hi Chris

many thanks for my pedals; I got off work in time to pick 'em up from the Post Office this afternoon and have had a good play!

The Morley stereo vol pedal is excellent, does exactly what i thought it should - I agree with you about the minimum vol pot, near useless, but I love the short travel which means fade-ins aren't fading out by the time you get to full volume. Very pleased.  I owe you a battery.

And the Ibanez chorus has never sounded better! I realise now that you probably had quite a difficult job with it; getting something to sound 'better' , well it's very subjective...what I noticed at once is that it seems to be more responsive, can that be so? How do you do that?

I like it, much more useable and friendlier, and I hope you will now be able to have a look at the sick Morley vol/phase.

Please charge me more for your time and trouble!

thanks again for your great work on the pedals

all the best

John Miller

Sent: 24 February 2009 13:28

Subject: Boss CS3

Received the CS 3 today, can't believe the difference! Basically,

something that was unusable is now working perfectly! All that

horrible noise is gone, leaving just what is normal for a compressor

anyway!

Another great job,

Regards,

Martin

Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:14 AM

Subject: Re: Blues Driver Mod

Hi,

Pedal arrived this morning, have just had 20 mins playing with it, sounds great!

thanks

Adam

Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:36 PM

Subject: Re: DS-1 ULTRAEYE Mod

Hi Chris,

Had chance to play with my DS-1 today, very impressed! I will put a review up on Harmony Central soon.

Many thanks

Sam

Sent:12 December 2008 10:10

To:'Chris (Sales)'

Subject:RE: SD-1>

>Hi Chris>

>I hope all is well and I thought I'd give you some feedback on the modded pedal. >

>Well, initial thoughts weren't great :( >so I decided to use a power supply and then suddenly realised how much brighter the new Blue LED was. DOH - A quick test revealed that I had a duff/spent battery so, let's start again.>

>I plugged in after my oversight and WOW. The mod has turned the stock SD-1 into a fantastic and boutique-sounding pedal. The original tonal characteristics are still there but it's more muscular, cleaner sounding, noise-free and versatile. The sustain and gain are fantastic too and these have been increased but not in a silly or unnatural sounding way. The 3 options provided by the newly-installed toggle switch provide highly usable settings and my only dilemma now is as to which one I settle on for my set-up as they're all good. Incidentally, I'm not using a valve amp but a solid-state Roland Cube 60 and it sounds superb. The pedal also seems to work very well with my Keeley Compressor and my Xotic BB Preamp (it can mimic this high end expensive pedal)!! Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eddie Van Halen, Rolling Stones, Robben Ford, AC/DC, country etc are all in here!>

>Highly recommended and thanks for giving me the only overdrive pedal I'll ever need!!>

>Kind regards>

Costas>

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:05 PM

Subject: Re: OD 3 Modification

Received it back Weds - works great - thanks again - Tom

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:26 PM

Subject: DS1 & Rat

Hi Chris

Now that I've had these back for a couple of weeks, I'd like to thank you and Pedalmods once again for your excellent work, and (for what it's worth) here are some conclusions:-

I sent my standard Boss DS1 and an aging, damaged Proco Rat pedal to Pedalmods for modification and repair; the units were returned promptly and very well packed indeed.  The modifications are, in short - brilliant.

The Boss DS1 is completely transformed from being a harsh and unmusical-sounding  distortion into possibly the very best distortion pedal I have ever heard in my life. There are now 3 settings; the first replaces the stock 'bees-in-a-jamjar' buzzing with a slightly more close-grained and far more musical sound, which sustains beautifully and breaks up far more smoothly than the original...when I first plugged in, I played with it on this setting for a long time, I was so impressed; but flicking the 3-way switch to the 'ultraeye' setting (the 'O' of 'Tone' scripted on the pedal's control surface has been replaced with an immaculately-installed red LED, which flashes according to your picking - very, very neat indeed) was like going into technicolour!  Tremendous colour/tone, drive and definition are all there in spades and it is literally jaw-dropping, a complete mind-blower. However, the fun's not finished yet; when you do eventually get to the mid-position on the 3-way switch, the box practically jumps off the floor and produces one of the most brilliant ripping noises I have ever heard. Excuse me, but - bloody hell!!!

I would honestly urge anyone with a DS1 to get this mod done, with the 3-way option, as what you will have then is approximately equivalent to (and MUCH better than) both a Boss Turbo Distortion and Turbo Overdrive, and with the mid-position engaged can even act like the hooligan younger brother of a Tube Screamer. I (quite unfairly) A/B'd this with my Xotic AC plus, a lovely smooth dual overdrive-distortion pedal, and the Boss completely blows off the AC's distortion stage. Get this mod!  And if you don't have a DS1, get one cheap and send it to Pedalmods!

The Proco Rat works in a slightly different way to most distortions; the original design includes a treble rolloff ('Filter') and a monstrous increase in the distortion over the last third of the control's travel; the mod hasn't changed these, but I found I now had to turn the gain up somewhat.  As the Rat had its own rather good if harsh sound to start off with, the modified sounds possibly won't knock you quite as flat as with the DS1.  However the conclusions are roughly the same - the sound is slightly more close-grained than the original in the first switch position, again with a smoother break-up on high distortion settings; and switching to the opposite position produces this in full, glorious colour with hugely increased definition and massive crunch.  Then there is the mid-position. Once again, this is almost beyond belief - quite simply astonishing, to the extent that this will be the position I use the most on this pedal.  If you get a choice, get the 3-way switch put on top of the unit, as if it's on the front it sits a bit proud in the original box - I should have thought of this, but I didn't send it to Pedalmods in its box. The repairs were 2 new in/out jacks and they also fitted a 9v Boss-type mains jack which is much better.

Oh yes, and you get bright blue LEDs with these mods which give off more light on a darkened stage (or beer-sodden pub carpet), and make it a lot easier to see your settings.

I can highly recommend these modifications to anybody who owns any one of these pedals. Truly superb.

regards

very satisfied customer

John Miller

Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:40 PM

Subject: Re: Job ref: 08/343 (GCB95)

Hi Chris

I just wanted to say that I have been playing with the new, modded,

wah pedal today and it sounds fantastic.  The fact that it is true by-

pass means that I can keep it permanently connected and ready to

play.  I'm gigging with it this Thursday!

Many thanks again.

Ian McKenzie

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:58 PM

Subject: Re: CE-2

Hi Chris

Pedal arrived safe and sound today.  Sounds terrific!!!!!!  a big

improvement on the tone the pedal had previously.  I would like to thank

you for your quick work and excellent price for this mod.

I will write a review for you on harmony central.

many thanks again

Don

Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:01 PM

Subject: thankyou

Chris

the pedals arrived this morning; I am extremely impressed and very pleased, especially with the DS1. And I will definitely be using the mid-position on both.  I hope to send you a testimonial in a couple of days because this is really good.

much regards

thanks again

John Miller

Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:19 PM

Subject: Re: Proco Rat

GHi,

Arrived today and sounds much better.  Thanks

Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:40 AM

Subject: Re: GCB95

The pedal arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with the sound, your

speed of delivery and keeping me posted along the way.

Many thanks again.

Ian

Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 7:26 PM

Subject: Re: Fw: Pedal fix/upgrade Guyatone BOX Rolly Phase Sonix PS-101

Hi,

Received the pedal today, very quick.

It works great, as I'm sure you already know! No crackles or unwanted noise and the power jack works great. Much appreciated.

If I need any future pedals repairing/upgrading/modding I'll make sure I send them your way!

Cheers.

Tom

Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 1:07 PM

Subject: Re: CE-2

Chris,

CE-2 arrived this morning. What a difference, lush chorus with sparkling highs.

It's now how I thought it should sound!

Many thanks,

Nick

Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 1:22 PM

Subject: Re: Prices

Hi Chris,

Finally had a chance to give the BD2 a decent workout. What a difference! The fizzy distortion quality of the old pedal has gone and in its place is a lovely bluesy crunch with a great tonal range. The bass enhancement is also superb.

Very chuffed indeed and will heartily recommend your services to anyone who will listen ;-)

Next in line is the complete donkey that is the CS3. I assume the price on that will be £34 for the "CS-3 with Burr Brown  (Mk2 mod Aug 08)" plus £3.50 pp.

Can you confirm, and I'll try to pop it in the post this week?

Cheers

Allan

Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:15 PM

Subject: Re: boss sd-1 mod

Hi Chris,

I got the pedal and I have to say well done! It's like a totally different pedal now. I'm really enjoying it! Hopefully I will get a chance to really crank it soon, my brother has my attenuator at the moment.

Before I found the pedal almost unusable, now it sounds great! Thank you very, very much. This is the kind of thing I was hoping for when I bought it.

Do you mind listing exactly what you did to the pedal? That way I can post a glowing review of your services on some forums that I visit. That is if you don't mind of course.

Put me down as another very satisfied customer!

Thanks again,

Shawn

Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 8:24 PM

Subject: Bos BD2

Hi Chris,

You recently modified my Boss CE-2.

I also have an original Keeley mod BD2 and I am not sure if it has a fault. I am running the pedal after a compressor in my chain which is placed in front of the amp (Peavey Classic 30).

The issue I have is that when a chord is strummed and allowed to fade three is a pronounced fluffy/fuzzy decay rather than a clear over-driven fade. - I do not care for this sound much!.

Is this normal or could there be a problem with the pedal. Either way is it something you could rectify for me or would you recommend a different overdrive pedal?

Regards,

Ian

Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:17 AM

Subject: Re: DS1 mod THANKS!

Yeah that's brilliant. I'm liking the LED sound more. It sounds more natural to me.

The best thing though is just how quieter it is. Used to hiss like a cornered cobra!

And yeah, the tone before modding is way way way too bright!

Thanks again. Hopefully gonna get me wah done next. Can you modify pedals that aren't on your list? What pedals can't you do?

Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 1:56 PM

Subject: Re: DS-1 Ultraeye

Hi Chris,

Pedal arrived this morning, have only played it in my house so far (will take it to a rehearsal tomorrow) but its already a vast improvement on the stock version! Really nice warm sound!

Thanks so much for doing it so fast and sending it back to me.

I'll definitely be sending more pedals in future!

Adam

Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 12:47 PM

Subject: Boss CE-2 Chorus mod.

Hi Chris,

Pedal arrived this morning as promised and sounds amazing. Just two day's after I posted it to you! Service  is second to none. Excellent communication and top class pedal mod and repair.

Thanks again              Colin Button

Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:58 AM

Subject: Re: DS1 mod THANKS!

Easy now.

The DS-1 is bloody marvellous, thank you! I'm really into the new LED distortion sound. Although I've no idea what that actually means, I'm no engineer! I'd love any more information on what has actually been done to the pedal and how it works etc. Only if you've got a standard fact-sheet that you send out mind, don't go to any trouble.

I'm gonna recommend you to any Intasound customers enquiring about this sort of thing.

Wonderful service.

Cheers.

Chris Campbell

Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:56 PM

Subject: Re: Boss CE-2 - URGENT

Hi Chris,

Pedal has arrived safely and sounds superb.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Ian

Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 5:17 PM

Subject: RE: Boss chorus

Hi Chris ,

CS3 arrived and tried it last night - sounded good !

I've posted today to you a chorus pedal. I think it's developed a fault as there's now very little effects from it. Could you have a look and say if you can fix and mod it ? should arrive Monday/Tuesday

Regards

Mike

Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 12:50 PM

Subject: RE: RAT2

Hi Chris pedal arrived and it sounds great. Brilliant work. Will be sure to recommend you to anyone i come across interested in pedal mods.

Thanks again. David.

Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 10:01 AM

Subject: RE: Champ 600

hi chris,>

the amp mod is great BTW, thanks for all your hard work>

jon>

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:27 PM

Subject: Re: FW: old RAT ...

Just got back and tried out the Rat - sounds great!

Haven't had a chance to try it through a real amp yet but sounds real nice so far -  lovely and dry sound, much improved!

Many thanks,

Regards,

Bill.

Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 3:44 PM

Subject: pedal mods

Hi,

First off, can I say how pleased I am with the two pedals you've just

modded for me and thank you for the quick turn around  / excellent

communication.

Until today, I _was_ a fan of Boss stomp boxes; but, having just spent

several hours playing through the modded BD-2, it has highlighted just

how mediocre the stock pedals are.  The clarity and tone of this pedal

post surgery is simply jaw dropping.  Consequently, my stifled OD-3 and

hissy DS-1 are now totally redundant and will be winging their way to

you for special treatment very soon!

Thanks also for performing the mod on my CS-3.  I bottled

out of doing this due to my inexperience in soldering which is when I

stumbled across your web site whilst searching online for a local

electronics expert.

I see on your web site that you are also amp technicians.  I've spotted

a mod on eBay which reduces the annoying hum and hiss on a modern Fender

Champ 600 (my main practice amp at home).

Is this something that you would be happy undertaking?  If so, should I

purchase this kit or do you provide something similar?

Kind regards - Jon, Solihull

Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:06 PM

Subject: Re: Read: DS1 Ultraeye Mod

Thanks Chris, the pedal is superb. I didn't get a chance to try it until last night and I'm really pleased. It knocks the socks off my MI Audio Crunchbox and looks sure to be my 'go-to' pedalI'm so pleased, I've decided to go ahead and get one of your modded Crybaby Wahs too - have you any in stock or do I need to hunt one down on Ebay first?

Thanks again, top class service.

Best,

Cam

Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 4:15 PM

Subject: Second Wah home

Hi Chris

The Second Wah arrived home on Friday, Gigged it last night it sounds great played around with a few different positions they all sound fantastic it's a really versatile pedal now.

I was right about the sweep range it's much smoother on that pedal than the newer one, from back to front on the movement on the pedal its much more even, where's the newer pedal it all seems to happen in the one place in the middle of the pedal.

Talk soon

Clem

Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 7:00 PM

Subject: RE: S Hawk Boost repair inquiry

Hi Chris ,

The pedal slot straight into the Side of the Guitar and Sounds Brilliant .

Thank you very much Chris ! you did a fantastic Job.

Many thanks and Kind regards .

Phil .

Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 12:10 AM

Subject: RE: Faulty/Broken Pedals

Hey Chris

I gave the pedals a good going over today and im just completely blown away by the difference the mods have made, any pedals i get in the future i will be sure to send you them straight away! The Wah is just so versatile, theres so much you can do with a pedal that before was pretty much a one trick pony! The SD-1 is amazing too, so much warmer and smoother than before, but ive still go about a million different choices far as sounds go.

Thank you so much for the work you did

You will be seeing some more of my pedals shortly!

Adam

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 12:42 AM

Subject: RE: Faulty/Broken Pedals

Hey

I received the pedals on saturday, ive yet to try them out properly as ive been working non stop but what can i say, truly amazing..

Ta

Adam

Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:00 PM

Subject: Re: Ibanez TS9 mod enquiry

Hi Chris,

The pedal has arrived and is working great, much improved tone. Only trouble is I now need a bigger pedal board!!  Could you let me know if you ever have the Boss CE-2 chorus for sale.   Many thanks   Mike white.

Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 11:00 AM

Subject: Re: Re: Re: BD2 Modification/Repair.

Chris,

tried the pedal this afternoon whilst 'er indoors was shopping........... in a nutshell, superb; absolutely superb,

I'm delighted !. I think the tonal range has put more focus on the blues tone which is

exactly where I want it. The switch positions are exactly as you suggested, bass boost in the 'up' position and

both are totally useable. It's quiet as a mouse unless you are 2 feet away or less and I got great sound with

either amp channel selected. That blue LED is the icing on the cake too.

Great job, Chris. As I said I am delighted, it's worth every penny and I'll pass on my recommendations...........

after I get all my mod's done of course !

Thanks again, Chris.

Gareth

Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 7:47 PM

Subject: SD1 808

Hi Chris,

Had first proper practice with the SD1 tonight. Is such a nice improvement and I love the open sound you get from it. I had never used the pedal past 10 o clock before as I just didn't like it and now it is usable with the drive anywhere.

Rob

Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:42 PM

Subject: RE: Mods for a Dunlop Crybaby...

Hi Chris,I received my wah pedal this morning packed extremely safely and delivered quickly. I have tried it out this afternoon and I am thrilled with the result, I honestly cannot believe that it is the same pedal (although I suppose technically speaking, it isn't!) It has such a vocal quality from the fatness of the sound and the increased sweep range, even my Mum said she noticed how it seemed to be talking at me. Thank you so much, it so great to have a pedal at last that I can feel truly confident in achieving the sound I'm looking for. >   Overall I have been really happy with the whole process, you have been really helpful and quick in responding to all my emails, and a turnaround of 4 days seems really impressive to me. If I ever get any dodgy pedals in the future (the chances of that are high, as long as companies continue to make them) I'll know where to send them!>  Again, thank you so much!>  One happy customer,Josh>

Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:41 AM

Subject: Re: dunlop cry baby

Hi Chris.

Finally got home to try my cry baby 535q upgrade.

You guys do not disappoint. Very tidy work, clean pots and smooth sounds.

Sales and services were slick and speedy.

I love my 'new' pedal and if I need other work doing it will be straight to you.

Once again thanks fro a thrilled customer.

Paul.

Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:01 PM

Subject: Re: DS1 Mod

Hi Chris

Pedal arrived today, thanks.

Ive had a quick test on my practice amp at home, and so far the pedal sounds great.  Can't wait for my next band rehearsal to try it out at serious volume!

Could you tell me a bit about each of the three modes?  I want to make sure I get the most out of the pedal.

Cheers

Simon

Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:37 PM

Subject: RE: EH Deluxe Memory Man

Hi Chris>

By the way, I tried the Ibanez phaser again the other day and it was great. You’ve managed to equalise the on/off volumes very successfully and it sound so clear and crisp that you almost want to leave it on all the time! And a faster speed setting gives a very presentable Leslie sound. Also, now that you’ve made it true bypass, it doesn’t affect the sound at all when it’s off. And the blue LED is of course super cool. Many thanks for the work.>

(If you want to use the above endorsement on your website that’s fine with me.)>

Cheers>

Nigel>

Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:23 PM

Subject: RE: BYO Tube Screamer

Hi,Chris,>

I am well pleased with my Tubescreamer, now I am thinking of sending you my Crybaby>

I notice that there are two options, with a toggle or rotary switch.>

Can you explain more please?>

Regards,>

Martin

Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 10:01 AM

Subject: Re: dunlop wah mod

Hi Chris

The crybaby has arrived safe and sound and sounds awesome!!!!!

Thanks a lot mate and i hope to deal with you again soon.

many thanks again

Adrian

06 February 2008 13:18

Subject: RE: Boss SD-1 mod>

>Hi Chris,

SD-1 arrived today, tried it out with Laney VC15 & 62 reissue strat , Kinman MkII pickups,

Amazing what an improvement there is more body to the sound in both switch settings (but you knew that already) the unmodded sound though good seemed to thin the guitar sound, you have retained the SD-1 character but just made it much much better, great job.

This mod is a must for any SD-1 owner.

Regards

Terry

(Hmmm now where did I put that Crybaby)>

Sent: 25 January 2008 07:26

Subject: Re: Re: Fw: DS1 UltraEye and CE2 Mods..>

Tried pedals last light and both were excellent.

Never thought a DS-1 could sound so good and the Ce-2 sounds a lot better, very lush organic chorus which it was known for, and the faster rate gives a good Leslie speaker simulation. so once again thanks for the excellent work..    ChrisP

Picked up pedals today, so once again thanks for excellent service and great communication.

Going to give pedals a good "blast" tonight....looking forward to it..

I'm sure I'll be contacting you again in the future. Thanks again. Chris P

just tried CS-3 with my strat and laney VC15 practice amp,SUPERB great job, just what I was after, the tone still has life & sparkle in it with pedal on ,where as before it sounded dull  What a difference,To think I was about to blow £129 on a barber tonepress before I found your site!

Thanks again

Regards

Terry

Hi,

The pedals came this morning. You did an amazing job.

I'd forgot how good the big muff was, much prefer it to the New York one I had. Thanks for the battary too.

The Flanger is cool, so glad this thing has life again. Do you know what the turny pots on the inside do. I tuned the one near the big blue thing so the Flange stayed nice and jett-like at the bottom of the cycle as just before it started comming back up it would go a bit discordant, it sounds nice and smooth now. That knob was easy to figure out as it only turns a little and the change is noticable. I took note of the original setting anyway.

Do you know what the other two do? Was hoping one would be an input censativity.

Thanks,

Jo

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 10:03 AM

Subject: RE: SD-1

hi

just to say i'm very happy with the pedal. finally had a chance to have a good play last night and i thought it sounded great. massive improvement on the original pedal, and having the option of the 2 sounds is a bonus. its good to be able to actually get the sound i was hoping for when i bought the pedal in the first place.

i generally use a telecaster through a marshall jcm900 head and 1936 speaker, but also have an epiphone sg.

cheers again and i won't hesitate to get in touch in future if i need something similar

rich

Sent:Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:29 PM>

Subject:Re: interested in DS-1 and MT-2 mods>

I picked up the DS-1 this morning and having spent the last couple of hours trying it out I'm pleased to let you know that I'm delighted with it. I will pick up the MT-2 in the morning and will let you know how I get on.>

Best wishes>

Kenny>

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 9:58 PM

Subject: Re: Pedal Mods

Hi

Here are the links to the reviews... hope they make some semblance of

sense (I was a bit high when I wrote them ;)).

I'm loving both pedals, thanks very much again.

Have a great xmas.

Cheers :)

Sent:Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:26 PM>

Subject:RE: TS-9 mod. (Happy happy happy!!)>

Hi,

Just got the pedal today - what a sound!! I play a deluxe strat through a mesa express 5:50, and it just sings.

Thanks a lot mate, it was well worth the £25 (I would've paid more if you'd asked!)

I will definitely recommend you to my tone hound friends!.

Phil.>

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:07 PM

Subject: RE: MT-2 & delay

had a play around;- it is a huge improvement and now very versatile, still a pretty ugly raw metal pedal (a good thing), but all sorts of really interesting and usable tones with the distortion on minimum, hours of fun,  what are the 3 switch modes again? the middle one has way more output yes?

the dl-4 is also definitely better, and worth the fiddling. I'll have to get the right power supply now

if you need any reviews or customer comments for your site I would gladly write a 'glowing' one

all in all great, thanks,

Cheers