About us

We are a small group of guitarists who happen to also be electrical engineers, an amp technician and programmer located in the Midlands UK, dedicated to quality workmanship and take huge pride in our work and customer service - currently we operate not for huge profit, but to establish our name and reputation.

Hopefully our prices reflect this, they only just cover our materials, import costs, equipment, chemicals & fuel to the post office. Every single surplus penny earned gets ploughed into the purchase of equipment and test pedals/pickups/leads for us to develop new mods on. However our customers are quick to point out that the quality of our work is second to none! Many mods are fine tuned with the help of professional musicians to meet their needs, and ensure they sound great at stage performance volumes.

Why?
Because we want the Holy Grail of tone also!

News

Our research and development guys have been busy beavering away in one dark corner of our workshop for the past couple of months developing a true bypass system that can be dropped into most Ibanez/Dunlop and some Boss pedals (others manufacturers & models still to be determined). Finally the fumes have cleared and the end result is a small circuit approx 35mm x 25mm, that requires very little power to operate, that will actuate true bypass and LED indicator via a miniature relay.

Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:55 PM

Subject: Re: MT2 mod

Hi Chris.

Picked the pedal up from the post office this morning.

I've always loved my Metal Zone in spite of its obvious flaws. But now, WOW, man! It's the sound(s) I've always wanted it to make! AMAZING! Why they don't make the standard pedal like this, I don't know, but thanks to your work ...

Awesome. Just awesome.

Thanks mate, I'll recommend you to ANYONE I know looking to have mods done.

Do you do any mods not listed on your site? I have an Alesis 3630 compressor I need modding ...

Sent from my iPad

Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 10:45 AM

Subject: RE: CryBaby Mod

Chris,

Pedal arrived back on Saturday, top notch service as always!

Steve

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:07 PM

Subject: Re: GE 7 mod

Hi Chris,

Received the pedals today, fantastic job.

Will be recommending you to my friends.

Thanks again,

Jay

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 7:58 PM

Subject: Re: Enquiry DS-1, CS-3, GE-7

Chris, thanks for the work on the pedals, A big difference, appreciate your helpful emails and quick turnaround. Thanks.

Alex

Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 2:17 PM

Subject: CE 2 received today thanks

Hi Chris -

Got back my CE2 Today - don't know what you did but it sounds fantastic once again. I'm absolutely delighted with your work and service I can’t thank you enough as I thought it had to be binned especially as I waited for one in this condition to come up on eBay auction then I paid Monte (UK) to mod it and it then went faulty - thank god I found you and your site who really saved the day for me. I really appreciate your effort, especially the communication which is very professional - thanks very much Andrew.

I will send the Ibanez CS9 in the post in the next two weeks but as before Ill ask first - then send a tracking number etc

Andrew  (very happy first time customer)

Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:52 PM

Subject: Re: Boss ph-1 repair or mod

Thought I'd let you know it came back ok and sounds well.

Thanks for your efforts will get back to you soon with some more stuff to do.

Regards

Dan

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:25 PM

Subject: Dunlop GCB95 - Super JH1

Morning Chris,

Quick note to say I have received my wah pedal back (in super quick time) this morning. It looks the dogs…..inside and out…..

Can’t wait to crank it up and audibly admire your modding brilliance!!…I have not been able to use it for literally years, and cannot wait to be in wah-wah heaven.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Paul.

Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:56 AM

Subject: RE: Ibanez C505 restoration

Dear Chris,

First of all please let me apologise for the lengthy delay in getting back to you. Thanks to yourself and the other miracle workers at Pedalmods, my chorus pedal sounds better than it ever did before! When I switched it on for the first time in 25 years I couldn't believe the warm smooth tone I was hearing, just fantastic. What I appreciated more than anything though was your care and attention to detail, right down to supplying batteries! Personally I've never had such good repair service on any of my equipment. You guys obviously love what you do, and it shows. It's a shame there aren't more like you.

Please don't hesitate to get in contact with me for any customer feedback etc.

Thanks again

Gary

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 1:29 PM

Subject: Re: Ds1 mod

Hi Chris,

I have been playing with my ds1 and love it! I can get just about any sound i want from it now and it is so much quieter as well.

I will be telling all of my guitar friends, great work!

Thanks

Craig

Date: 02 February 2012 at 11:51

Subject: Re: Boss CS3 Mod

Hi Chris,

Quick note of thanks for the very quick service and the mod you have made....;

Pedal sounds fantastic - used it with a Vox & Tele Custom last night - stunning - sounds kinda, woody, chunky and defined all at the same time(!)

Have you ever thought of putting up a Facebook site - I have hundreds of guitar mates who would join/buy.

Boss Graphic on the way to you for a hi-fi mod(!)

Nick

Date: 29 January 2012 at 21:46

Subject: Re: Boss CS-3 mod request

Hi Chris

Thanks for dropping my pedal off. I'm really impressed with the difference having played it briefly. I'll post a review on your site when I get time and have used it a little.

I'll no doubt be having my CE 2 done soon and will hopefully see you then.

Thanks

Dave

Date: 24 January 2012 at 18:03

Subject: Re: SD-1

Hi Chris

Just a few things about the pedals. Great wonderful fantastic and any other words you can think of that mean this. Really pleased. Not sure what the switch does in a technical sense but i do know that when its up its overdrive city.

Ive sent an extra fiver for a pint.

Take care and im sure ill be in touch to have some more work done at some point.

Matt

Date: 09 January 2012 at 11:32

Subject: Re: RAT mod

hi chris

just wanted to say what a fantastic job on my rat pedal - sweet singing lead with clear lows - and a cracking crunch sound with the middle switch on the toggle. The added treble filter is interesting [variable Reutz] - i seem to find 90%-100% full on useable (which seems to cover a good range from middy allan holdsworth to toppy full metal shred!), below that sounds like a wah pedal backed right off to me! hours of twiddling!!

nice one!

paul

Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:19 PM

Subject: SD-1

Hi Chris,

SD1 arrived today, just tried it excellent pedal all three settings brilliant. I meet a lot of guitarists through Backdoor Music Project so will recommend you.

Thanks Colin.

Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 11:01 PM

Subject: Dunlop WAH MK4 mod

Hey Chris. Got it today. Thank you. It's great. Sound cool. Thanks man.

Ned.

Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:18 PM

Subject: RE: you dirty rat mod

hi Chris,

I had a chance to practice using the rat pedal yesterday, stunning job!

It's an absolute beast, really nasty and gritty fuzz drive with total tonal clarity that responds brilliantly to the guitars volume control, so many different tones to be had out it now

it will take some time to settle on one. i wish i had two!

i would highly recommend you guys to anyone considering a modification.

can't thank you enough.

until next time!

Sent: Saturday, October 1 2011 10:46 AM

Subject: Re: Wah MK2 mod

Hi Chris

Pedal arrived just before 8 this morning, thanks for getting it turned around so fast! Initial tests are stunning. Its now a very versatile pedal with a brilliant Wah voice, its kind of more alive than it ever was. I like the toggle inthe down position, the Hendrix mode, its very warm and smooth, and yet still very funky. Good work on the crazy bright blue LED, at last I know when its on!!  Opened her up to take a sneaky look inside and its all very tidy and professional 'under the hood'

Speak soon,

Pete

Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:06 PM

Subject: Re: CS-2 mod and repair

Thanks for sorting the CS-2 out, it works perfectly now, and thanks for the mod, its still got that CS-2 classic tone, but somehow its purer, more focussed and less mushy. I love it! Got to be the best compressor I've tried to date.

Many thanks,

Alex

Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:46 PM

Subject: Re: Mods to Boss DS-1 and CS-2

Chris

Just a quick note to say thank you for the excellent service and excellent mods to my DS-1 and CS-2 pedals.

Really surprised with the results of the CS-2 mod - the pedal is unrecognisable.

Cheers.

Ian

26 August 2011 12:27

Subject: RE: CS-3

Hi Chris,

Pedal arrived this morning. Great job...what a difference...you are a genius.

Let me know if you're up for making a couple of baseplates...I tried cutting up a baking tray but thought better of it & put a stop to such buffoonery!!

All best,

Dave.

18 August 2011 09:25

Subject: Re: Boss CS-3 bass mod

Hi Chris,

Got the pedal yesterday, took it to rehearsal last night and it sounds great; it does exactly what I hoped it would!

Also, the service has been brilliant so thanks very much all round.

All the best

Mike

Sent: Tuesday, 21st June, 2011, 6:23 PM

Subject: Re: BD-2 Mod

Hi Chris,

The pedal has arrived! I gave it a quick run through, it is amazing! It has lost  its extremes, but it has now a much more useful sweep on all the controls; a lovely interaction between level and gain that wasn't there before... it is transparent (it sort of does what I would expect a Paul Cochrane "Timmy" to do (yes I know, I spend too much time on  "The Gear Page")), my AC-15 still sounds like an AC-15 in all settings on the pedal. It also reacts fine to different degrees of strumming and the volume knob of the guitar. It acts like an amp! It sounds MUCH better than all the modded BD-2's i heard on youtube (keeley; analog man; monte allums and machinehead pedals). Great Job!!!

Yours,

Sjoerd

Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 4:29 PM

Subject: Re: My TS9

Hi Chris,

Gave the TS9 a quick blast this afternoon - what can I say but a big THANK YOU! It sounds absolutely superb! So much warmer and more rounded - and so natural - it really sounds like it's working with my amp now!

I will definitely be recommending you guys!

Thanks once again,

Scott

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:39 AM

Subject: Re: Boss GE-7 mod and repair

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting this done so quickly. The GE-7 mod is great, totally silent and much more useable. A big difference is being able to cut bass frequencies without instantly ruining my tone, in fact all the sliders have a much more transparent, workable travel. I can see this pedal being indispensable at gigs from now on. The switch works perfectly now. Really appreciate your help and keeping me informed along the way.

All the best,

Jon

Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 11:07 PM

Subject: Re: Boss GE-7 mod

Hi,

just wanted to say that I got the pedal back, and had a good play and its sounds awesome thanks!!

Sam

Sent: 26 May 2011 09:51

Subject: Re: Boss SD-1 mod

Chris,

I received the pedal yesterday, but I've only just tested it out. I'm hugely impressed, thanks! I'd be happy to do a review for the site if you'd like, and I'll give you a good word where I can.

Cheers!

James

Sent: 20 May 2011 11:46

Subject: CS-3

Hi Chris, got the CS-3 back yesterday. It's now very much quieter and useable - thanks again for another good job.

I'll most likely send my GE-7 to you as well but I want to see how it performs in my new setup first.

Cheers,

Alan

15 May 2011 12:42

Subject: Re: Boss SD-1

Hi Chris

Pedal came yesterday and used it at the gig last night. Didn't have a chance to play around with it a lot but after a quick play around was really impressed - a lot bigger, more open sound in general and the controls were more usable. On the more aggressive setting got great sustain - and this on my telecaster!

I'm really pleased with what you did and great service - I'll be recommending you in my circle of friends

take care

Chris M

Sent: 22 April 2011 10:22

Subject: TS-9

Hi Chris

I've had a chance to have a good blast with the TS-9 - what a difference! It has more clarity whereas before it was always a bit mushy, and has nicely balanced bite and dynamics. The extra gain is great, and it's quieter too. All-in-all, it's a transformed pedal. I was actually going to sell it until I discovered Pedal Mods, but now it will be an integral part of my board. Thanks for your good work and exceptional customer service. You can expect my noisy CE-3 to be with you in a few days time.

Regards

Alan

11 April 2011 09:43

Subject: RE: Rat pedal modding

Hey Chris, I collected my pedal from the post office today. I was in the studio on Saturday when it was delivered. I’ve had a quick mess around with it this morning through my practice amp (haven’t had a chance to wheel the big rig in yet). The mod seems to be spot on to me so far, I can switch the Rat on and off without a drop in the low end. The toggle switch has given me plenty to play around with, and the Ruetz mod with 1k pot seems to give me a hell of a lot of flexibility in using it as a drive for my main sound, or winding it up to crazy distortion. The only problem I’m going to have now is sticking with a setting live! It’s going to allow me plenty of scope in the studio as well. Cheers dude! I’ll let you know how I get on with it through my full rig when I get a chance.

I’ve been thinking of getting a tubescreamer for use in the studio. I would use it as a clean boost for my 6505 to tighten the gain and low end. Generally the gain would be at minimum, level at maximum and tone at 12 o’clock for this purpose. I have an Ibanez endorsement, so can get them at discount. I was wondering if you think it would be better to get a TS808, or a TS9 and have it modded?

Craig

01 April 2011 19:32

Subject: Re: (GCB95 Wah)

Just wanted to say thanks.  Wah feels like a whole new pedal!  It sounds great, being able to change the sweep is the business.  It gave me the sound i was looking for straight away, I can't say better than that.

Thanks again for the great service.

Cheers

Gary

Sent:17 March 2011 08:37

Subject: BD-2 & GCB95 MkIII mod combo update

Chris,

Thanks again for putting that kit pedal together for me.

I just wanted to let you know that I tested the kit pedal out live the other week. Although it had it’s place as a boost, after doing an A/B check against the BD-2 that you modded previously in a sound check it was unanimously agreed that for low gain drive the BD-2 wins hands down with more clarity, smoother and, well just better dynamics and response in general.

The combination of the BD-2 with a low gain setting after the modded wah you did: It’s a killer combination. I go from clean to low gain drive with the BD-2 and then to raunchy lead just by stepping on the wah, toe down (rotary side pot setting to ‘eq’ the treble to taste). So simple. So quick. I can even boost the lead with the wah mod side kick switch if I want... 2 pedals, 4 ‘channels’ (5 if you count the wah boost as a clean boost!). A Carbon Copy after those 2 and I’m one very happy chap.

So basically what I’m saying is thanks for the work on the kit pedal but I’ll be sticking with the BD-2 and wah combo from now on. Try it!

With thanks,

Warren

11 February 2011 10:55

Subject: RE: BD-2 mod

Hi Chris,

The BD-2 arrived this morning. You've done an AWESOME job on it. Thanks very much for that, it really is dam good!! I'll definitely be sending more work your way in the future.

Cheers

Ben

04 February 2011 05:47

Subject: Re: GE-7 & DS-1 MOD/RECEIVED

Hi Chris,

Pedals came yesterday.......FANTASTIC!! What a difference, I'm gonna take my Keeley DS-1 off and put yours on my main pedal board. I had them set up face to face and the Pedal Mod won me over easy!!

The GE-7 has been transformed, now it's a quiet useable pedal, thank you.

Once again Pedal Mods have delivered the goods!

Regards,

Andy.

p.s. you may quote me on any of the above!!!

01 February 2011 11:16

Subject: Re: MT-2 Mod

Hi Chris,

Just to let you know I got the pedal back ok.

Pedal is much more useable and is a huge improvement.

I especially like the sound of the switch in the bottom position - is that the germanium clipping mode?

Cheers

Ian

Sent: 24 January 2011 07:47

Subject: RE: Rat and Janglebox - FAB MODS

Chris,

The RAT is fantastic, it may be my favourite pedal and I’ve had lots. It is so much better than a fuzz pedal, the distortion is so musical and I’m very fussy.

Thanks again

Paul

10 November 2010 16:44

Subject: RE: BD2 + MT2 Mod

Hi Chris,

the pedals are brilliant mate. Massive difference! used them live last night and the blues driver finally has a real rounded push rather than the old fuzz and the mt2 - wow! sounds like you put a mesa into that little black box!

Thanks very much!

Gab

20 October 2010 13:19

Subject: thanks  (Dunlop Wah MK3 mod)

Hi ,iv just got my pedal back ,iv only had a couple of hours playing around with it at the mo but what iv heard its great just what i was after thanks ,

Much appreciate every thing you have done ,great service many thanks .

Steve randall

Sent: 12 October 2010 22:12

Subject: Re: Dunlop Wah

It arrived safely. Beautiful work. Thank you very, very much.

09 October 2010 17:37

Subject: Re: Boss cs3

Hi Chris

Got the pedal today just had a play with it for ten minutes its now just another great pedal.

Regards Chris

04 October 2010 04:46

Subject: BOSS MT-2

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the pedal mod, it sounds great! What a difference! I've only tried it through my Fender Power Chorus amp and it sounded good then, can't wait to plug it in to my Marshall TSL 100 stack!!

Cheers for now,